At Screencastify, we’re on a mission to provide technology that will help educators make learning available to everyone.
In addition to providing simple tools for schools, we’re all about professional development (just check out Screencastify University 😉 ). And our arsenal of free professional learning is growing as we’re excited to announce 🥁 the Screencastify Coaches Academy 🥁 a free course designed to help you use video as an impactful part of your coaching!
Instructional coaches who are chosen from the pool of applicants for the academy will learn all about:
- Creating On-Demand Learning: We’ll discuss strategies for helping educators create instructional videos that are pausable, replayable and available any time to ensure every learner is included.
- Facilitating Effective Communication: Create on-demand professional development, converse with parents, or create a Professional Learning Community in your building.
- Visible Learning: Help your educators create assignments and assessments that allow learners to showcase their understanding.
🧑🎓 What you’ll get
Each of the 50 selected Instructional Coaches will be members of our first Screencastify Coaches Cohort which will run for four weeks and include both synchronous and asynchronous lessons.
Here’s more of what you can expect:
- We’ll begin our work together on Monday, November 8
- We’ll meet virtually twice on November 19 and December 3
- Outside of our live meetings, we’ll host asynchronous class sessions, work independently and collaboratively
Of course, we’ll spend time talking about the entire Screencastify video creation suite to make sure you’re comfortable recording videos, editing them, and requesting them from others.
Plus, you’ll get a certificate, a badge, and the opportunity to join a collaborative community of your peers from all over the country!
✍️ How to apply
Want to be in the first ever Screencastify Coaches Academy? Fill out this quick application. And, yep, you guessed it, we want you to include a video! All applications are due by November 3, 2021.