Over the past year, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 15 million people use Screencastify to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About this role
Screencastify is in hyper-growth mode. Over the past year, we’ve put many foundational pieces in place to help us maintain and accelerate that growth. We’re looking for our first VP of Operations to steward this process, build out the components of a new operations team, and proactively predict future roadblocks and opportunities.
Why is this role special?
- You’re in control. The future of the operations functions at Screencastify will follow your vision. You’ll work closely with the CEO, who will help guide you as you execute it. But ultimately, this is your show!
- You’re set up for success. You’ll be joining a company full of people who are acutely aware of (and excited about!) how much easier you’ll make their jobs. So you’ll have all the support you’ll need.
- You’ll be boarding a rocketship. Screencastify has experienced meteoric growth over the past year. If done well, you’ll play a critical role in setting our sights away from the moon and towards Mars.
- Join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the operations of our internal support teams (both existing and future), including Finance, Legal, People Operations, and Data Operations.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities to improve cross-functional projects, new initiatives, workflows, internal communication, and data pipelines
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities
- Develop a planning and execution framework around our company OKRs and design scalable processes for tracking and reporting progress toward goals.
- Hire, develop, and mentor team members with the goal of continuously improving scalability, operational consistency, and speed-to-market
- Conduct discovery around our company tech stack and identify opportunities for consolidating, augmenting, or streamlining our existing tool kit.
- You are comfortable spending time developing strategy as well as “in the trenches” with the team as needed.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 10+ years of experience in an operational leadership role, ideally within a SaaS or consumer web product
- Have experience building, managing, and developing a multidisciplinary team from an early stage
- Are comfortable working with complex data sets and business intelligence tools (i.e., Mode, Segment, Tableau, Periscope -- hands on experience working with SQL is strongly preferred)
- Have experience working with a diverse group of stakeholders, you excel at orchestrating teams around heavily cross functional initiatives
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.