Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About this role
We built the simplest and most reliable screen recorder in the world, but that’s only the beginning. Our near future is full of ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for a curious, ambitious, and empathetic UX Designer to help us design the future of our products.
Why is this role special?
- Design products that will advance education. Schools and districts around the world depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. The need for and benefit of video-based learning has never been more clear that it is now.
- Have a massive impact. As the only dedicated UX voice on our team you will be instrumental in the design of every feature and product that we release — every one of which will be seen and used by millions of people.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of less than 5 built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting product quality above all else.
- Work for our users. Above all else, you will be an advocate for our massive user base. It’s a cliché, but in this case it’s true: your work will change the lives of our users.
- Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with our Product Manager and engineering team to brainstorm how new features and products will look, feel, and function
- Take new features and product designs from initial idea to polished mockups that are ready to build
- Prepare and present designs to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Conduct user interviews and observations to improve product functionality
- Identify UX problems and areas for optimization through user observations and analysis of product analytics
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years designing quality user interfaces and have a design portfolio to show for it
- Love to translate complex actions and functionality into impressively simple user interfaces
- Have experience with Sketch or other design software
- Can internalize a design aesthetic and make it your own
- Care about the business implications of anything you design. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible WFH policy
- Generous health / vision / dental insurance contributions
- One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.