Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About the role
To support our ambitious company goals, we've created big hiring goals... which is why we're hiring a Technical Recruiter to help us achieve them! As our Technical Recruiter, you'll help us find, recruit, and ultimately hire the best technical talent while ensuring we provide equitable opportunity to candidates from a variety of backgrounds, especially in regard to groups traditionally underrepresented in tech.
Why is this role so special?
- You're set up for success. We've built a company that's truly "people-first" and our products are loved by millions of users around the world. Candidates are genuinely excited about the opportunity to work at Screencastify!
- Have a massive impact. Schools and districts depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. You'll help build the team that is making video-based learning more accessible in classrooms around the world.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of 10 has built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting quality above all else.
- Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do:
- Conduct top-of-funnel recruiting activities to source technical candidates, ensuring our candidate pool is qualified and diverse
- Screen candidates for technical skills, previous experience, and values alignment
- Help maintain our ATS (Workable) to ensure we're operating efficiently and effectively
- Create and maintain hiring reports to share with internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with the People Operations Manager and hiring managers to understand priorities around hiring and the technical requirements for each role
- Become a champion of Screencastify culture and share that enthusiasm with candidates
You're perfect for this role if:
- Have a proven track record for hiring mid-senior technical talent in a high-growth environment (in-house experience preferred)
- Have a broad network of active & passive candidates and stay engaged in the tech community
- Love to find creative ways to source and attract candidates
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal, time-management, and organizational skills
- Have incorporated diversity, equity, and inclusion into every aspect of your talent acquisition practices
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.