Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About the role
We built the simplest and most reliable screen recorder in the world, but that’s only the beginning. Our near future is full of ambitious new goals, features, and products that will enable us to further improve how we provide service to our users and accelerate our already fast growth.
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for an experienced, compassionate, and vigilant engineer to keep our customer’s data safe and away from prying eyes.
Why is this role special?
- Our users trust us. Screencastify is used in K-12 schools and districts nationwide. We have an obligation to keep their video recordings and other personal details private and secure.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of less than 5 built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting product quality above all else.
- You’ll be the expert. Security and privacy are crucially important to our customers. We’re looking for somebody to be a voice advocating for security and privacy from application through to our production operations.
- Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you’ll do:
- Review our suite of applications and deployments for security vulnerabilities and implement mitigations.
- Build active-monitoring measures to ensure the data we do collect remains private and secure.
- Contribute to standards, practices and data access policies for all departments as they have and need access to customer data.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have 3-5+ years building and maintaining quality user interfaces that have reached a large audience, ideally while the product is experiencing rapid growth
- Have experience securing production cloud applications
- Have experience developing full-stack with Node.js, Angular, React or similar
- Can readily learn most technologies as you go
- Care about the business implications of anything you build. You're not just going after cool stuff — you understand the balance between craft, speed, and the bottom line.
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible WFH policy
- Generous health / vision / dental insurance contributions
- One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.