Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About the role
Screencastify has a massive, intensely engaged community of users (just search for "Screencastify" on Twitter and you'll see what we mean!). We're looking for a Director of Marketing to plan the expansion of our marketing campaigns, manage their implementation, and assess their impact. Our ultimate goal is to increase the adoption of all of our products and increase conversion among both individuals and full schools/districts .
We prioritize fast iteration without compromising quality, while maintaining an attention to detail that creates the kind of delightful interactions we’re known for. We’re looking for a creative, organized, and strategic marketer to join our team and help us continue to grow.
Why is this role special?
- You're set up for success. Our users are excited about our product across multiple channels - email, social, and content. You’ll have a strong foundation to take our efforts to the next level.
- Inspire the educators who are advancing education. Schools and districts around the world depend on Screencastify to digitize their curriculum and communication. The need for and benefit of video-based learning has never been more clear that it is now. Every interaction you have will be incredibly impactful.
- Work with an extremely talented team. A team of 10 has built a product used by millions of people. We've achieved more than teams 10x our size by solving problems that matter and putting quality above all else.
- Join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do:
- Build and own the entire marketing strategy for Screencastify
- Evolve the messaging/value proposition system for both internal and external facing use cases
- Own the full marketing budget, and closely track the ROI of all our spend
- Manage and grow a small but growing marketing team - you’ll help us determine how we can scale and structure our team
- Monitor all marketing campaigns (including events, email, social, and content) and optimize to increase product engagement, conversion, or other predefined goals
- Find/tell our customers' stories and drive sales enablement around this
- Equip the sales team with messaging, sequences, and content to help them open opportunities and close deals
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- Have extensive experience leading the strategic vision and execution of a full marketing function - B2B SaaS and/or edtech is a big plus
- Have advanced knowledge of multiple marketing channels and how to best leverage them
- Are extremely organized - you’re an excellent project manager and thrive on organized data
- Strategic thinker who can understand a complex business and develop a marketing plan that addresses these nuances
- Love to lead - you have experience leading a team and have tons of idea for career development and strategies to get the most out of your direct reports
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Competitive compensation package
- Flexible WFH policy
- Generous health / vision / dental insurance contributions
- One Medical membership
- Unlimited PTO
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.