Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About the role
Screencastify is a powerful and versatile product for teachers and students, and its versatility leads to quite a few questions from individual users. As our first Director of Customer Support, you will drive customer loyalty by prioritizing support-driven growth, collaborate across all departments to provide insights from customer feedback, and consistently push the entire organization to make customers' experience the main focus of Screencastify.
Why is this role special?
- You'll help individuals feel valued. Students, teachers, and school leaders around the world depend on Screencastify for teaching and learning. The need for great support not only puts a smile on our customers’ faces but can also directly impact student outcomes.
- You’ll help every member of the team get involved in supporting Screencastify customers. Knowledge gained from customer interactions helps all teams reach their goals and participate in the kinds of conversations that lead to better Screencastify products.
- You'll tackle our most interesting and impactful problems. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'd jump between sales, marketing, engineering, design — participating in every phase from inception to implementation. Absolutely no boredom.
- You'll join us at a magical time. We're profitable and support tens of millions of users with a small team, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here.
What you'll do:
- Continue to design and build out the function of Customer Experience at Screencastify, in collaboration with the current Support Team and Screencastify Leadership.
- Manage a team of dedicated and hardworking customer support professionals. You’ll work to understand each employee’s career aspirations and help them achieve their goals.
- Influence how Screencastify provides support-driven growth by providing a customer perspective to internal stakeholders.
- Eliminate roadblocks for escalations and help Screencastify quickly resolve complex customer issues that cut across multiple departments.
- Lead individual customers’ onboarding experiences, adoption, and expansion across a range of relationships to help drive faster and better returns from the customer’s investment with Screencastify.
- Develop and execute a clear renewals strategy for individual purchasers of Screencastify tools and lead proactive discussions around acquisitions, partnerships, and features that could impact our customer relationships.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience leading a Customer Support / Customer Experience function within a SaaS company. Edtech or education experience is a huge plus.
- Possess strong emotional intelligence for customers and a passion for driving revenue and growth.
- Use data as your North Star. In your world, data informs all strategies for customer experience, growth, and success.
- Are a strategic thinker. You can understand a complex business and develop a customer support strategy that addresses these nuances.
- Love mentoring and coaching employees to help them grow in their roles and improve performance.
- Have tons of experience collaborating with senior leaders in a company to achieve cross-functional success. You know the best solutions are built with others, not in competition.
- Are flexible, dedicated, and curious.
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.