Over the past year, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 15 million people use Screencastify to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About this role
At Screencastify, we’ve experienced a wonderful period of growth as the direct result of increased efficiency and productivity. To continue on this trajectory, we’re searching for a highly qualified Chief of Staff to work closely with our executive team. From day one, the Chief of Staff will have an immediate impact on our productivity, streamlining strategic initiatives, overseeing program management, and communicating objectives between departments. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a business management role, with a special focus on executive-level advising and interdepartmental collaboration.
Why is this role so special?
- You'll help ensure our continued success. Students, teachers, and school leaders around the world depend on Screencastify for teaching and learning. As our customer base and our internal teams grow, you’ll play a key role in ensuring everything is working in harmony as we build toward our North Star.
- You'll tackle our most interesting and impactful problems. Our team is still small, and people wear many hats. You'll jump between a variety of strategic company programs from goal setting and decision-making frameworks to corporate strategy and cultural initiatives. Absolutely no boredom.
- You’ll help people get the most out of their careers. You’ll keep a pulse on our organizational effectiveness, identifying where individuals and teams may need coaching/support to be their most successful; implementing plans for performance improvement.
- You’ll join us at a magical time. We're bootstrapped, profitable, and support tens of millions of users, which gives us a huge green field to work with. You'll join at the perfect time to shape how we grow from here
What you'll do:
- Oversee business initiatives from development through execution under the guidance of senior leadership and department heads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to org structure in partnership with HR leadership and other cross-functional business partners
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- In partnership with HR, develop onboarding plans for leadership hires
- Help C-Suite team with calendar management and occasionally other administrative tasks as needed (i.e., packaging board material, meeting planning, meeting minutes, document organization)
- Play a role in helping define, communicate, and track progress against company goals.
- Serve as a subject matter expert as it relates to internal communications from the office of the CEO
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Have 7+ years in a business or executive management role
- Have proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Are an excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Are extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Have experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Have experience with data analysis
- Have consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Have proven success in a project coordination role
- Have a nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Have strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.