Over the past couple of months, the world has developed a new perspective on the power of video-based learning. We have seen an exponential increase in our products' usage and engagement, and our already-sky-high ambitions are now even higher. To achieve those ambitions, we need extraordinarily talented people like you. So we've accelerated our hiring plans across all departments.
While we'd love to meet you in person (and look forward to doing so one day soon!), we are prepared to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding processes remotely.
Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions!
Imagine a product that reached millions of users without a single salesperson. That same product has been adopted by tens of thousands of schools, with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at Screencastify — a massive market, incredibly engaged customer/fan base, and the chance to get in on the ground floor of it all.
Hi, we're Screencastify 👋
More than 12 million people use Screencastify every week (!!!) to record, edit and share all sorts of amazing videos. We like to think that we've democratized video creation by making it simpler and more affordable than ever before.
In K-12 classrooms around the world, teachers and students are using Screencastify to create instructional videos, record presentations, give better feedback, and much much more. Our free version is used in more than 70% of US school districts.
Life at Screencastify
Our small Chicago-based team includes a semi-pro volleyball player, champion debater, classically trained actor, elite runner, breakdancer, and avid baker 🍰
About the role
The K-12 Account Executive is a truly exciting role ripe with potential to propel us into a new phase of growth. Don't believe us? Keep reading 👇
Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to lead us into a new phase of dominance in the K-12 market.
You'll own the sales process, from initial contact to closure. You'll own your numbers, activity goals, and build lasting relationships with schools and districts across the country. Before long, you'll become an edtech expert and will confidently speak to ever-changing trends, new features and products to help our customers accomplish their goals.
While our existing traction and brand reputation will set you up for success, this job will require a great deal of creativity, persistence, and entrepreneurship. If you do well, you will play a critical role in the company’s growth trajectory.
You’ll need to understand our product inside and out, and to speak about it differently depending on who you're talking to. Most of all, you should love helping people. We take a consultative approach to sales. We work in service of our users, regardless of whether or not they end up paying us.
What you'll do:
- Manage a strong pipeline of qualified leads and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Execute warm outreach (emails, calls) to the schools that use our free version
- Conduct personalized, energizing product demos
- Measure and optimize the effectiveness of our outreach and sales funnel
- Share best practices across the organization and helps others grow from your experiences
- Work closely and maintain effective communication with other departments, including Product and Marketing
You're perfect for this role if you:
- Don’t need to be told what to do (seriously, we want to give you the keys and let you drive)
- Are charismatic, both in writing and in conversation (you make a GREAT first impression!)
- Are excited to get in on the ground floor of a small, rapidly-growing, fast-paced startup
- Love the challenges, hours, and ups-and-downs of startup life
- Aren’t afraid of big spreadsheets and number crunching
- Jump at opportunities break convention and do things differently
- Have 2-4 years of sales experience (SaaS and/or K-12 a huge plus)
- Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
- 401k plan. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
- Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
- Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
- Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
- Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
- Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership -- on us.
We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. You do not need to fit this exact mold.
At Screencastify, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun and challenging team environment. We value having a team that is made up of a diverse set of backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world through video.
Screencastify is an equal opportunity employer.