Introducing the Screencastify Video Editor Alpha
James Francis | October 11, 2017
After months of hard work in our top-secret laboratory, the Screencastify team is thrilled to announce the launch of our online Video Editor (Alpha Version).
The Editor allows you to easily merge, cut and crop your videos.
When developing the Editor, our top priority was simplicity.Our approach to simplicity goes beyond the user interface - we want our products to fit seamlessly with the way you're already creating videos. That's why the Editor:
- Works directly in your browser. No bulky software download required. Just like our screen recorder, it works perfectly on Chromebooks.
- Can handle any video in your Drive. No matter the size, format, or frame rate. Edit any video in your Drive - not just your Screencastify recordings.
- Is deeply integrated with Google Drive. Every video in your Drive will now have an "Open with Screencastify Editor" button. When your project is finished, save it right back to your Drive.
The Alpha Version of the Editor is available at no extra charge to all current and future Premium subscribers.
If you're not a Premium subscriber, click here to upgrade.
If you are a Premium subscriber, there are 3 ways to access the editor:
- Visit edit.screencastify.com and sign in with the same email that's linked to your Premium subscription
- Open a video in your Google Drive and click the "Open with Screencastify Editor" button
- Click the new Pen icon on your recording's Video Page in our extension