A slew of "suite" new updates!
Nefertiti Dukes | August 20, 2020
Earlier this year, we made a huge announcement...Screencastify got a whole lot free-er!
Welp, that's old news, now, because we've got something even bigger to share 👀. We have a suite of new products!
We've officially launched Screencastify Edit and Screencastify Submit - two new products with two awesome free versions. Without question, this is the biggest product announcement we've ever made (until the next one 😉 ).
Take a peek below to get a rundown of everything new across all of our products.
Simple student videos with Submit
We're excited to launch a new tool for students: Screencastify Submit!
It's the easiest way for teachers to request and collect student videos. Based on feedback from our awesome beta community, we're launching with some show-stopping features.
- One-click recording for students: You create an assignment, Submit generates a magic link, and students just click to record. Your kiddos will never need to create a new account, install an extension, or download an app.
- Mobile compatibility: Students are accessing classwork from anywhere on all types of devices. Webcam assignments are compatible with all of those devices, including cell phones and tablets, to ensure all of your students have access to the discussion.
- Assignment-access options that ensure safety: Whether you'd like your assignments to be open to everyone or just your students, you're in control.
When you're ready to capture student thinking, visit the Submit dashboard. You'll be happy to find that you can get started with Submit completely free 😍.
Engaging videos with Edit
Our browser-based editor is launching 🚀 with massive improvements.
If you're looking for an easy way to polish your videos to maintain student engagement and cut out visual noise, check out Screencastify Edit.
This year, we've got a few new features to make the editor even more powerful:
- A new zoom tool: Maintaining student focus (especially virtually) is hard. We've made it just a bit easier with our new zoom tool. It's now almost effortless to zoom in and out of your video.
- Add text to direct student attention: We've upgraded the text tool! With just a few clicks, you can add text to your timeline to jazz up your videos and make concepts even easier to understand.
- Zoom in and out of the timeline: We heard you - you're creating longer videos. We've added a nifty new tool that allows you to zoom in and out of the editor timeline for more precise editing. Now, you can ensure every second of your video is perfect with ease.
We can't forget the best part - we now have a free version of Screencastify Edit. Head to the editor to get started.
Effective instructional videos with Record!
Since March, our awesome community of educators has been creating a lot more videos 📈.
To respond to all of the new ways you all are using video to connect with your students, we've made a few improvements to our flagship Chrome extension.
- Say hello to the App Smash Library: We've teamed up with our friends at Wakelet, Remind, and Edpuzzle to make it dead-simple to share your recordings to the platforms you love.
- We've made things much more straightforward: Based on your feedback, we've made a few updates aimed at making life just a tad easier, including ensuring mp3 files save to Google Drive, simplifying our Share to Classroom button, and speeding up processing times.
We know that allowing your students to access videos on-demand is critical, and we hope these new updates make it even easier to make that happen!